Monday, May 7, 2012

Yesterday I did something pretty cool.

I was driving through the neighborhood in the Miata and saw a football fly through the air so I slowed right down. Sure enough the ball went into the street and the kid chased it but stoppped as he hit the edge of his lawn. I had already stopped.

I looked at the kid and signaled him to go get the ball and saw that his dad was a fair distance away for a kid of that size.

"Hey, Kid," I asked. "Think you can hit your dad from here?"

"I dunno," replied the kid. He seemed doubtful.

"Well, I think you can. Stop a second, look right at his nose, take in a breath and think for a second and then get that ball up in the air and knock his block off!"

I sat there to admire my handiwork and was treated to a kid stop, take aim and let fly. The ball lofted gracefully with a nice slow spiral and described an arc that was a thing of beauty and gracefully flew to his father that caught it to keep from getting whacked in the beak.

I looked at the kid and grinned. "I knew you could do it," I said. "And I knew you would, too. Good throw!"

The kid beamed and the father smiled, waved his thanks, I waved back and slipped the clutch and continued on my way.

Life at home can occassionally get hectic but I never let it get so hectic that I can't take a couple of minutes off to enjoy a little Norman Rockwell type Americana.

Like ia always say, it doesn't take much.







my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment