Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Monday

It's Monday and I have a few things to do and pick things up after a busy weekend. Later on today I'll mow the lawn.

I came home to a freshly mowed lawn thanks to a neighbor. He got it a few days before I got home, actually. It needs it today.

I just planted my usual gross of Marigolds and I think they will take and look pretty for the summer. I did it alone as I couldn't manage to put together a tough guy party on short notice.

I spent several hours going over my ham logs and have well over 100 DX contacts, yet only about 60% of them are confirmed. Likely I might have forgotten to send out QSL cards and have only myself to blame.

I just sent out about 60 QSL cards and have another 10 or 15 to put together and send out. The mailman will start seeing an inrush in about 2 weeks and then after two or three weeks the glut will drop to a trickle that will likely last until after Labor Day, or maybe even longer.

My India QSL card took about 6 months to arrive.

The weekend netted me about a dozen new countries on the list so I figure that inside the next few months I'll be good to go and will get my DXCC award.

So much for radio business.

A few minutes ago I was watching the mom across the street put her brood on the school bus and she stopped and commented that my marigolds look pretty good and asked me why I didn't throw the tough guy party I was planning.

I did that a few years back and they had just moved in and she said that she was worried about all the biker types showing up but thought it was funny seeing them nurturing the flowers and talking to them. It was a pretty good show.

Anyway, I have to mow the lawn and do some other things so I had best get started.

Happy Monday.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment