Thursday, May 23, 2013

Well, let's see what's going on today.

My little DX project is coming along nicely and I have about a jillion outgoing QSL requests, I have to grub shop today and then I think I'll get ready for a shooting match scheduled for Saturday morning. I gotta get the M-40 ready for that one.

Grub shopping I suppose will be broken down into 2 parts. I'll get the produce at the last minute. That'll work as it will be fresher when I arrive. I'm going today as I figure that over the weekend the place will be mobbed.

Last night the guy down the street was walking his dog and said he heard that I was performing the marriage ceremony for a relative and asked me about it.

His wife is OK and generally gets the story straight. He seldom does. I do have to admit that Piccolo's ordination is a pretty juicy piece of gossip so I can't really say that it's serious nebbing on the part of people.

Any, this guy I'll call Al who can screw up a free lunch by asking for change asked me how I could possibly perform such a service.

"Because I'm a f*****g minister. You got a problem with that?" I snapped.

Neighbor Bob, Nurse Connie and Tom from across the street were in my driveway having a beer with me when this happened and they managed to keep a straight face as Al went into shock.

Guys like Al need a shock like that every so often and he looked at my visitors hoping for some kind of support.

Tom broke the silence. "He is an ordained minister, he said. "His ministry is seamen, soldiers and French Foreign Legionnaires. He has his ordination papers hanging up in his living room. I've seen them."

"That's pretty profane language for  man of the cloth," he shot back, looking at me.

Nurse Connie drove the stake through this vampire's heart. "The Lord works in strange and mysterious ways," she said, dryly.

Al walked off confused which is par golf. He's always confused. He is one of those people that will never be one of the guys because everything confuses him. While Nurse Connie is a female she is comfortable around the guys. She also has some common sense and a couple of years ago saved another neighbor's life by making damned sure that AL was NOT invited to a certain bachelor party.

That dumb-ass Al would have brought his wife with him, or at least tried to. When everyone there would have stared at him for such a faux-pas he would have gone into confusion.

Truth is people like him have a hard time understanding the working parts of a P-38 can opener. His wife is OK, though. I guess she committed some sort of a mortal sin somewhere along the line and Al is the hair shirt she has to wear for penance.

Actually she's OK. Last summer she had a gin and tonic with us when it was her turn to walk the dog. Al never has and it isn't too likely he ever will.

Still, giving him a reality check by being a little profane with him was the right thing to do as he'll go home and his wife will likely square him up.

Anyway, that's all for today, folks.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment