Thursday, May 16, 2013

Luceeeee, I'm home. What's for dinner?

I'm home and the minute I hit the door I gave the cat his pets and sat down and started taking care of stuff. It's going to be a damned busy day.

I have already started filling out QSL cards to send out, most of which are headed overseas as I brought my PRC 320 with me to work and bagged several countries, none of which I can use for my DXCC award as I was more than 50 miles away from home. I'll do this until the workplaces open up.

I have to fax my church credentials to Boston to get the OK to marry my nephew and then go to the dreaded downtown Pittsburgh to get my CCW renewed as it came up for renewal.  The CCW picture is cause for a shirt and tie.

While a driver's license renewal means I look as much like Charles Manson as possible, I want my CCW to make me look like Father Flanagan of Boy's Town. God forbid that I ever have to use it, but if I do I don't want to look like a bloodthirsty fiend.

Then I have to get grub.

I came home to a freshly mowed yard and I'm grateful for that. There was a dent in the bourbon bottle I hide under the porch so I know who to thank for mowing the lawn.

As I was pulling into thee driveway, the woman across the street was unloading her brood and my sweetie saw me and wanted a hug. She's 5 now and been my sweetie for the past couple of years since I took her across the street to see the Christmas lights. She's growing like a weed.

I also have to plant my garden soon, as I do that every year. This year might be a tough guy party for the benefit of the neighbors. I'll have a couple of rough looking guys I know drop by and put on a show of 3-4 tough guys drinking bourbon at 10 am, smoking, talking about whipping ass etc as they plant flowers and talk to them and carry on. The neighbors that matter will chuckle and the one's that don't will be upset which is too damned bad.

In 15 minutes the YLs will be on the air and I'll check in with Jda as I do when I am home.

Anyway, I'm home and I am a busy camper.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment