Sunday, May 26, 2013

Yesterday I started re-seating another chair but only got halfway

because of constant interruptions. Most of these interruptions were a bunch of meaningless crap, as most interruptions in life generally are. There were no fires to put out, nobody to save, no attacks to fend off and the Cleveland Indians stayed in Cleveland and didn't attack the Piccolo wagon train. Most of the interruptions were rather meaningless.

One brief one was fair enough. A neighbor wanted something heavy loaded on his pickup. He had it ready and all I had to do was help lift it and push it into the bed of the pickup. It took less than two minutes.

I think that if the rain holds off a bit I'll go out and mow the lawn and get a few things ready for a return from the  city life and things that I have to do to make a living.

I did shoot a match yesterday and started off with 400 points and only managed to give away 8 of them, finishing with a 392 and a middle of the road X-count. Not bad. 

The club I belong to has 4 matches a month. Two of them are NRA Highpower/CMP service rifle matches. One is an offhand 100 yard match which you can shoot anything you want, any rifle, any sight. shot in the offhand position. The fourth match is a slow-fire match that you can shoot any rifle in that you want.

The slow-fire match is a fun match because the format is pretty flexible and generally shooters use it for practice to bolster up their service rifle abilities. 

I elected to shoot a bolt gun and relax and take my time. It's matches like this that are no pressure fun. 

The woman I was pulling targets for made it pretty easy for me in that she started off by shooting a 6X clean. I only had to get one color of paster out her her and didn't have to look all over hell for her bullet holes.

I had a couple of clean strings, too. I dropped five by fighting a sneeze which was stupid and then I let another one get away from me and dropped it into the 7 ring.

Actually the match started off pretty grim for me. I was given three sighters to shoot and the first one was a complete miss at 6 o'clock, and I shot the second and third one to confirm it. I put the crosshairs on the small group I shot and looked and counted the MilDots and saw I was shooting 4 mils low and put 4 mils of elevation on it. I was rewarded with my first shot for score being a tight ten. I just added .1 of elevation and .2 left windage and I was good to go from there on.


The rest of my ministry kit came in. I got my official ID card in the mail. I am now good to go if I have to perform the Big Wedding. I think my nephew is still kidding my sister about how I bought a turban to perform the ceremony in. 

With almost 100 outgoing QSL cards in the mail there is going to be a pretty good sized deluge of incoming QSLs in the mail when I get back. I said in an earlier post that I'll start getting them in a glut that will taper off and then they'll start coming in dribs and drabs for months.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

1 comment:

  1. I've got a story where a group of us all shot an IDPA match using 5 shot revolvers. We stressed the "gamers" out, as they kept telling us over and over "it's not a BUG match!" Who cares, we had a blast!

    ReplyDelete