Friday, December 20, 2013

I just watched the Facebook page

 supporting Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson get over a million hits supporting him in less than 24 hours. Robertson has been suspended from the show for supposedly anti gay comments made during a GQ magazine interview.

Interesting. 

I suppose the network that runs the show, A&E was scared that the show's sponsors would back out so they suspended Phil from the show.

I saw where one of the sponsers of Duck Dynasty has gone on record as supporting Phil. Another one has said they'll keep advertising which likely means they are not particularly upset over Robertson's comments.

Betcha A&E didn't expect that.

I got curious and started snooping a little to see what Robertson said and read the GQ interview. I was not surprised. While the comments that seem to have fired up the gay community could be considered a little coarse, there was no hate in them at all. Later in the interview he expressed no hate toward anyone.

His comments on sexuality basically said that gay sex made no sense to him.

Guess what? It makes no sense to me, either. I guess that's just the way I'm wired. I've generally avoided saying anything either way in this blog about my sexuality simply because it's nobody's business. However, I'll go on record now as telling my readers that I am a hetrosexual male. Sex with another man makes no sense to me, either.

I was recently attending a gathering and I can say for sure that while my eyes were wandering, they didn't stop moving as they passed by other guy's butt. They did, however, stop to check out a number of female butts.

All Phil Robertson said in so many words is "I'm a man and I like women". So what. There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. On this issue the gay community can pound sand.

 Like Phil Robertson, I don't hate gays. My attitude toward them is if they let me know thay are gay, I'll just say "Fine. I don't give a damn about your sex life. Let's get us a cup of coffee and talk about something else."

Like Phil Robertson, I feel it's not my job to pass judgement on things of this nature. 

Robertson is a Born Again Christian, and apparently a genuine one at that. That's fine by me. There are a number of Born Again Christians that I respect for adhering to their beliefs. (There are also quite a number of people that profess to being Born Again Christians that clearly are not and I don't have a lot of time for them.)

The Robertson family seems to hold to their religion and that's fine by me even though my dogtag is stamped 'No Preference'.

What is funny about this post is that I really don't watch the show too often because I'm generally doing something else. Still, what little I have seen of it has been a refreshing change from the so-called reality shows of sex, drugs and stupid drama over nothing.

It's rather nice seeing a show with family values for a change.

I think that if this gets settled and the boycott gets lifted, I'm going to pay a little more attention to the show.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment