Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I almost forgot to post this morning.

Yesterday I went to the range and tried a few things out.

I shimmed the rear sight of my service rifle to keep it from moving and shot a group a little over a minute of angle which means I don't need a new barrel yet. I DO need a pin job on my rear sight.

I also took out someone else's rifle to try it out for him and found out that it simply won't shoot and that he's not crazy. I had a hard time keeping my rounds on a pie plate at 50 years. Something is wrong with the rifle.

Then I found out that my long range rifle doesn't like the USGI sniper round recipe very well and I may have to return to shooting Palmas. I'll try another couple recipes for 175 Sierras before I make up my mind, though.

Not a bad day. 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. It may not be the recipe, but one of the ingredients. I have seen some reporting that the SMK's are varying quite a bit in OAL and weight, even withing the same lot. I haven't seen any complaining about Scenar and Berger.

    ReplyDelete