Thursday, September 11, 2014

I make periodic references to strippers which is a joke.

because with the exception of a dopey bachelor's party I went to some time back I haven't been in one for about three decades.

I really don't like the places very much because I briefly worked in one back in the day and saw through it in about ten minutes.

Over the past few years a few people have asked me to write a couple of stripper stories and maybe one day I will. Some readers might laugh like hell over them, but the truth is they're pretty sad.

Still, it remains that I am a stripper magnet and I didn't know why until some intelligent woman explained to me that I seem to have a fatherly air about me and most strippers have father issues.

Actually is sucks. It is a pain in the ass having every airhead with daddy issues attracted to you.

Actually it is not just restricted to strippers. I also draw airhead women with daddy issues. I said it to my sister at a wedding once.

"You watch," I said. "Before this wedding is over some little bimbo hottie half my age will be all over me like white on rice."

She laughed and said that if I did draw someone like that then she would buy my drinks for the rest of the wedding.

Bam! Five minutes later the little predicted hottie popped up out of nowhere and started talking to me about this, that, and the other and how her meds made her feel weird and so on. I drank for free at that wedding.

Still, back on track, the stereotype of the single mom or college student working her way through med school as a pole dancer isn't really the norm. When I worked at the club I met only two or three that fit into the stereotype. The one I liked the most was a married woman pushing 40 that was trying to pay off a mortgage so she could go on to other things. She had a plan and was working on it.

She was successful and managed to pay the house off and as a result she could now live in a rural area with her husband and not have to bust their asses somewhere away from home to keep the house.

For what it's worth, her husband went crab fishing and put his ass on the line to make the dream come true. Incidentally, I can't say I am in total approval of the way she made her money but I will give her this. She did it with a little class and didn't get on the cocaine highway like most of the strippers I met back when did.

Most of what I did in the club was maintenance work and maybe I will tell a story or two of maintaining not only the club but the two apartments the club had for the dancers to live in.

Maintaining the apartment was about as much work as the club was. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

This is post 1900 out of a series of who the hell knows how many. Be the first kid on your block to read them all!









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment