Thursday, September 25, 2014

Right now I am wearing an old pair of army boots



which means little. I have several pairs and wear them from time to time like when I am doing work in the yard. I call those days ‘Boots and Utes’ days because I generally don an old set of BDUs for those jobs. I have one coming up soon in the backyard. I have to clean it up and chop down all the weeds. It’s the annual fall cleanup.


What astonishes me is that I just happened to notice the date this pair was made. The manufacturing date is stamped on the top. They are over 40 years old and very well could have been issued to me back in the day, other than the fact that I know my issued boots wore out and I tossed them decades ago.


I think that I acquired them about 15 years ago at a flea market that no longer exists. I think I paid five bucks for them, unissued.


They are the old style. They have neither a V-cut nor speed laces, just a couple of rows of grommets for lacing up and vulcanized soles. The leather is starting to crack a bit, though because it has dried out. I don’t see them lasting for a whole lot longer.


I guess the only reason I am writing this post is because I’m amazed that they have lasted this long.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment