Monday, September 29, 2014

Trying to keep up with my posts on a netbook, notebook, whatever the hell you call the damned thing is a pain in the neck.






I just looked it up. It’s a netbook and the problem I have with it is that both the keyboard is smaller than I am used to and I have not figured out how to deaden the touchpad which I keep hitting with my thumb. I also have to disable the caps lock key.


Still, until I can get the combat laptop replaced it is going to be a whole lot better than nothing.
I was actually thinking of getting a tablet of some sort with an external keyboard but I don’t think that’s a good idea unless I can find a full sized external keyboard.
Right now there are other problems to deal with in keeping my posts on line on a daily basis. The WiFi I have been using is going to dry up soon and I’m going to have to get some kind of wireless modem.
As I have posted earlier I am a Luddite as far as cutting edge technology goes. I’ll admit that it is odd for a guy that is a licensed ham operator. Most hams are technology guys. I’m not.
Still, there is a way I can get it together and keep things up and running. I’ll just have to get an IT guy or someone to teach me and show me my options. I have faith.
I do have another combat laptop coming but I can see the end of those being a viable option as the technology keeps getting dated daily. Things in the internet seem to work pretty fast. It seems like a week ago I got my first computer.
Anyway, we’ll see how things pan out.
If push comes to shove and I have to I will simply write my daily post wherever I am and post it when I can get to a WiFi spot or someplace I can get on line.
We’ll see.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. I've got a notebook computer I inherited, a little Acer with Windows XP.

    At first I thought it was a joke, a little toy of a computer, but over the years, it's proven itself to be so handy, and totally reliable, that I've been using it more and more.

    Sure, a bigger screen would be nice, and I'm ready to superglue that stupid capslock key fixed in place because my fat fingers hit it by mistake so often, but overall this notebook has done a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried posting by email when you don't have a good internet connection to the blog? http://www.instructables.com/id/Posting-to-BlogSpot-by-e-mail/

    ReplyDelete