Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It is Wednesday

One of the things I figured out at a very early age is that we are all going to wind up in the same place.

When I got out of the army and headed for tall timber I knew it. I realized that this life was little more than a contest of who gets the biggest headstone. It struck me that busting my ass for a big headstone was a waste of the time I have in life.

I had no desire to become an investment banker or big shot attorney and cheat widows out of pensions or rob honest people out of their savings under some self righteous guise of an indignant lawsuit.

Back in '76 some of my classmates that I ran into 7 years after high school warned me that I had better get on the stick and buckle down or else I'd wind up behind the 8-ball.

"What's the difference," I shot back. "We're all going to end up in the same place, anyway."

To a couple of them that were rude about it I added, "See you in Hell."

Apparently I am not the Lone Ranger in my attitude to start life after school by doing the things I wanted to do before I started a career.

I met a guy that told me his son has decided to put his career on hold. The kid got a pretty marketable degree and was offered a  job starting at about $75K a year.

Instead he has decided to put his career on hold and be a sailboat bum for a few years. 

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. 

I got $50 that says he'll be just fine.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment