Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Here I am sitting here trying to remember what I wanted to write about today.

I had an idea yesterday and I suppose I should have written it down but I didn't so here I sit with a void between my ears.

Oh, yeah.

There is a movement out there to force the food companies to label genetically modified foodstuffs. Of course, the movement seems to be led by the usual anti corporate types but that's neither here nor there.

It sounds to me like for once in their lives they are on to something.

Now I generally eat what's put in front of me and simply shovel it down which is not necessarily a good thing but it is what it is.

Still, I have a right to know what I am eating. 

If genetically modified foods are not harmful than I wonder why companies like Monsanto are so eager not to label it as such. It sounds like someone's hiding something somewhere along the line.

Maybe they are, maybe not. Still, the American public has a right to know what is in the box of cereal they are feeding their kids.

I keep hearing of all sorts of allergies and autism that never seemed to exist years ago and some people are attributing this to the foods we eat. They may or may not be right.  

In some schools kids can't even bring peanut butter sandwiches to school because of allergies their classmates have. What's this all about? Back in the day all of us lived on peanut butter sandwiches. Now all of a sudden kids can't even bring them into school? What's with this badness?

Where are these new and improved allergies coming from?

 The public simply does have a right to know what they are eating.

I'm not saying we should become hippies and plant little gardens in out back yards and live on tofu and flax seeds. I'm simply saying that the public has a right to know what that can or box of whatever contains.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

 NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment