Monday, March 9, 2015

The blog people here have changed policy regarding


Adult content. This really doesn't effect me as I have pretty much kept the blog G-rated.

I did this so the kids my niece and nephew are raising can read this when they are a bit older. 

Their site, their rules as it should be. If I don't like the rules I should go somewhere else.

Personally I try and be a self-governing type of person in the things I do and try and at least show an iota of decency. That's why a lot of times I may change a few details and names. It's bad taste to come out and post "Oh, yeah! I woke up next to your Ma back in the day. Wow! Was she hot!"

Or I remember the time your father got all coked up and....."

It's just not a decent thing to do.

Of course, the media doesn't seem to be this kind...

They stir up a lot of stuff that is unnecessary and don't really give a damn who gets hurt. An example of this would be when they point out that So and So is having an affair and then go on to expose the sordid details.

They seem to forget that the person's family is innocent and they're going to be really hurt by this. But they don't care because all they're interested in is drawing a readership and being able to sell advertising.

I was no fan of Bill Clinton and when the Lewinsky deal came up I was all for crucifying Clinton for lying under oath. He did lie under oath and I consider that serious.

However had he simply stated that what may or may not gone on was simply nobody's business I would have respected that.

When I was in my middle to late teens there were a couple of times Dad would ask me about something or another. I would reply with "Sir, that is none of your business."

When I said that it meant a couple of things. First I wasn't going to tell him. Secondly it meant he was under no obligation to help me with whatever it was. I was on my own. I do remember doing this to him once to keep him out of something for his own protection. I was in a mess that I knew would blow up exponentially if any parents got involved.

But I digress.

The truth of the matter is that the media stuck its nose where it didn't belong that time because it invaded Bill's privacy. It caused a lot of grief that didn't need to be caused.

Of course, ever the snake, Clinton wound up lying under oath to try and protect himself, but that's a different issue.

Anyway, to go back to the origin of today's post, I have tried to be decent about things here to keep the blog readable for younger people.

If I want to post something sordid I'll just go somewhere else.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment