Monday, June 20, 2016

I always try and make people happy.




If you are happy being happy I have something nice to say to you. If you are happy being miserable I will make you happy by saying something that will make you feel miserable.

Yesterday I helped a scared woman stay scared.

There are people that are generally scared their own shadow and of life in general. It's their own fault. While we are all scared from time to time, some are permanently scared. It's strictly their choice.

I parked my pickup next to a car. I didn't notice that in the car there was a woman dawdling like they often do. Purse? Check. Glasses? Check. Whatever.

Anyway as she was getting out I pulled in on her passengers side. She looked over at me as I got out looking at me like she was afraid I was going to hit her on the head and carry her off to trade her off to someone in Outer Slobovia to use as a slave.

I am an old man and don't really look too scary. I don't know what her problem was but looked at her and smiled.

"Hello, how are you?" I greeted her with a smile.

"Fine," she said fearfully. "How are you?" She was looking at me like I was the incarnate ghosts of a pair of Charlies. Charles Manson and Charlie Starkweather.

"Great!" I replied, cheerfully "After looking at grey steel bars for the past 37 years it's great to see blue skies. I just got out on parole Friday!"

With that I simply walked off into the store, leaving her  wide eyed.

I actually felt pretty good. I had made her happy.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment