Friday, June 10, 2016

Well, the wayback is growing in.

The Wayback is growing in nicely and it's getting near time for one  of the does to give birth to a fawn about fifty feet from where I am sitting.

It's going to be a nice day today and I think I'll spend it weeding and gardening. The front of the house looks good when it is cleaned up.

The neighbors often comment that the place looks good in the summer time.

Today for some reason I am having computer problems. I don't know why but I am. 

Anyway, I may/may not be posting this weekend because I might go to a shoot of some sort. It is a long story but the host of the shoot bought a chunk of land and the neighbor was rude to him on the day he showed up to go to it.

Things got weird and the new landowner decided that the mountain in the background would make a great shooting range. A few times a year he throws a serious shoot open to any legal firearm.

The place is just plain noisy and the neighbor that started the trouble is generally quite upset having to listen to Civil War cannons and WW2 MG-42 museum pieces being tested for a three day weekend.

The neighbor has tried everything but always winds up on the losing end. When you consider that the landowner was smart enough to tell every law enforcement agency they can use the range for training there's no wonder they don't try and shut him down.

I'm going to bring a couple of rifles and shoot a little steel at 800 yards. Why not?

Seeing I am an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church I have been unofficially been appointed chaplain and if the guys can conjure up a sound system I'll hold a service.

I need the sound system because I have several recordings of Gospel music from southern churches that really swing.

I suppose the neighbor will likely call the police for the umpteenth time and hilarity will ensue. I'll likely get up in the pulpit and rant and rave a while.

One of the things that happens when the police show up is they generally hang around for a bit. If they decide to hang out during my service they're gonna get themselves some churchin'.

Anyway, if I don't post on schedule you now know why.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment