Thursday, July 6, 2017

I just read a Facebook

 post where someone wanted to cash in on a 50% off pizza coupon and had to play hell to get his damned pizza.

I generally do not bother with any except for the local pizza place that offers a free pie with so many box-top stickers. That’s because the local place made a simple no catch offer. Ten stickers= a free no questions asked pizza.




&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I have just played a pretty good game with someone that was trying to squirm out of a five minute snap task.

We bickered for ten minutes until I pointed out that if he had just done the damned job he would have been done five minutes ago and goofing off instead of standing there bickering with me.

When I pointed that out I’m sure he felt stupid. He should have.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I have a reunion coming up and have kept a few secrets to myself.

One is that when I moved out of the tipi in Colorado back in ’77 I holed up a while and planned my next adventure.  While everyone knows I moved to Alaska and lived there a while nobody knows what other options I considered.

I briefly considered an enlistment into the French Foreign Legion but discarded it after I had a long talk with the French consulate when I went back to visit. They had an office in Boston and the consulate advised me against it for any number of reasons.

Incidentally the Consulate was impressed that I knew that I would have to report to Aubagne. While I was still in school the Legion left Sidi Bel Abbes as its home when Algeria gained independence in 1962.

The other thing I was looking at was trying to become a game warden in Africa. I had always wanted to do something like that in Africa. I thought it would do the world some good by protecting the animals.

I wrote to a couple of African governments and at the time there was a lot of turmoil in Africa. I got a few replies, most of them polite refusals.


The interesting answer came from Rhodesia. They were in the middle of a bush war and they were interested in hiring me for my former army skills. They offered to let me try out for the Selous Scouts. Being a former artilleryman I knew I didn’t have what they were looking for. On top of that, I had no desire to get involved with an African bush war. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment