Friday, July 7, 2017

Thinking about something


In the mid 70s a former classmate said something kind to me that has stayed with me since.

This part is somewhat immaterial as it serves as a reference point in my life.

This took place in the evening.

Earlier that day I had been to the French consulate in Boston looking into the possibility of joining the French Foreign Legion.

I had also sent out letters to several governments in Africa looking to find game warden type work over there.

It didn't take much for me to figure out the Legion wasn't a good deal. I didn't enlist, but it sort of is a milestone in my life.

Some of the African governments didn't reply, most didn't have an opportunity but Rhodesia offered to let me try out for the Selous Scouts or the Rhodesian SAS if I was qualified.

I didn't want to get involved in an African bush war so I didn't reply. 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment