Saturday, July 22, 2017

I remember the recall on Remington 700s


a while back because of defective triggers. They were referred to but the media as being ‘dangerous triggers’ because if the rifle was bumped it could go off.

The way I look at it, the triggers were defective. They were not by and in themselves dangerous because a rifleman knows enough to keep the muzzle of a rifle pointed in a safe direction at all times.

That being said, in the hands of untrained people even the best rifle isn’t safe. In the hands of a careless idiot any rifle is just an accident looking for a place to happen.

Incidentally I built a Model 700 a while back and the first thing to go was the trigger. I replaced it with a Timney.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment