Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My father could come out of the blue with things sometimes.

I was young and my mom was upset about some thing or another and ranting and raving about how whatever the hell it was that was supposed to be unsafe. I believe it involved cherry bombs.

My father got tired of listening to the lecture, too. He stepped in.

"Listen, you dumb cluck," he said. "It's a good way to lose a hand. Come with me and I'll show you how to do it safely."

That served two distinct purposes. First it taught me how NOT to injure myself.

Secondly, it got Mom off of BOTH of our backs.

There wasn't a whole lot that anyone could argue about if you were teaching a kid to do something safely.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment