Monday, July 3, 2017

Pizza by the slice is a joke.




I ordered a pizza the other night and as usual I ordered by diameter and not by the so-called number of slices they said each pie was split up into.


The truth is that (thankfully) the government has not stepped in and mandated the official size/weight/calorie count of a slice of pizza. There is no amalgamated pizza measuring service,society or organization to declare what consists of a single slice of pizza. A slice of pizza is what the pizzeria wants it to be.


A pizzeria is free to take an eight-inch pie and split it up into two or four or for that matter sixty-four little dinky slices and advertise it as such. I have no problem with this.



However, when I order a pie I simply order by diameter. That way you have a pretty good idea of what you are getting.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment