Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Why, I never heard of such a thing!



My answer to the last time I heard someone say this was, “That’s because you have never sailed in a professional situation before.”

Someone asked me why a pair of boots didn’t last me long and I explained that it is because on the decks we put sand or grit in with the deck paint to create a non-skid surface. Mariners have done this since the first coat of paint was applied to a deck back on Noah’s Ark. They did this to keep the elephants from falling on their asses. Then they found it worked for people, too.


“Why, I never heard of such a thing” is not much of an excuse for not knowing something as it is a badge of ignorance and a pitiful attempt to squirm out of something.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment