Monday, January 6, 2020

Another day another dime

Or whatever.

I have always wondered what goes through the mind of a lot of our elected officials, not that I really give them any loyalty, respect or a whole lot of obedience, either.

I pretty much do what I feel like and quietly go about my business. I drive fairly responsibly, don't shoot my neighbors dog for barking or run around blowing shit up. I don't do drugs because I don't want to do drugs. If I wanted to I suppose I would. I fail to see where government has a right to tell me I can't. Still, I reserve the right to do or not do drugs as a personal choice.

I have at times have permitted others tell me what I can and can't do. I joined the Army and played by their rules because it was my choice to enlist. I pretty much played by the rules and did well. I was a pretty good soldier.

I also do what my employer tells me to in exchange for a paycheck which is fair enough. If I get tired of taking their orders I stop taking their money. That's fair enough.

I do, however, pay my taxes or at least most of them. I'll admit here and there that I have done things like buy booze, cigarettes and a couple big ticket items out of state to avoid the taxes over the years. I have also tasted a bit of moonshine over the years and wish right now that I could pick up a jar or three of the good stuff I sampled a while back. It was as smooth as Jameson's. It wasn't that dump made of sugar, but the good stuff made of and Old School corn sour mash. I don't think the guy was making for money so much as he was making it out of an Old School pride in making a quality product.

Right now I see I am not alone in my way of thinking. I hear that Virginians are really stocking up on AR15s and other weapons before they get banned. I don't think they are buying them to turn in.

It looks to me like I am not really alone in my attitude. Lots of people really don't pay a lot of attention to the Emperor.

Of course, the Emperor has no clothes on.











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment