Sunday, January 5, 2020

I read where the Democrats in Congress are pissed off

because the President had a couple of terrorists whacked. It's his job to protect the nation from people like that.

Unlike former president Obama who tipped off the Iranians when Israel wanted to whack a terrorist, Trump kept his mouth shut and went along and did it and then announced what he had ordered.

I will say the hit was pretty surgical. It wasn't a clumsy attempt that took out a lot of people in collateral damage. Our technology is pretty clean these days but I digress.

The reason he never told congress in advance is that he didn't want it leaked out.

Frankly if I were Trump I'd set congress up by planning a mission and after congress was notified, I'd cancel it and go and try and find the leakers and jail them. A lot of congresscritters would cheerfully get a lot of our people killed if it would embarrass the president and that mentality has to stop.

Then again, Congress has a pretty leaky record.

During WW2 the Navy briefed a portion of Congress and mentioned that Japanese depth charges tended to go off shallow and were pretty weak in explosive power and really were not a great danger to American submariners.

Shortly after the briefing American submariners reported that Japanese depth charges now packed a dangerous wallop and were being set to deeper ignition depths.

It is believed that someone in Congress had said something to someone and it got back the the Japanese. 

I can't say as I blame Trump for not notifying Congress. I sure wouldn't.

I've posted it before that Joe Biden let the cat out of the bag that it was SEAL Team six that killed Osama bin Laden. 

Nancy is upset because as usual she didn't get to sit at the big table with the adults. She had to sit at the card table with the rest of the kids and she's mad at the grownups for putting her there.

Can't say as I blame Trump. I would have done the same thing.

Incidentally you can't call Trump bloodthirsty, either. He stood down an attack on the Iranians after they shot own one of our drones. His reason was that the estimated casualties on the attack were too high and he didn't think it was right to take that many lives in exchange for a drone.

As time passes I think more and more of President Trump. Frankly the only reason I voted for him is that he wasn't Hillary. Next election may be the first in decades I have actually voted FOR someone rather than against someone.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment