Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Happy New Year. Big deal.

I was in bed by ten last night per SOP. It's what I have done for years.

The last year I was home for it I had a quick snort and hit the rack early and woke up feeling pretty good which was a pretty good way to start the year.

Of course a lot of people woke up feeling like hell because they were stupid and decided to tangle with an entire bottle of bourbon.

I have never figured out why a person that has a cold beer on the Fourth of July and a glass of wine at Thanksgiving thinks he's a match for a bottle of bourbon on New Year's eve. It makes no sense yet it seems like every year the amateurs come out and wind up making a mess of themselves one way or the other.

Actually to their credit, fewer of them get behind the wheel. My guess is their spouse puts their foot down and takes charge and either calls a cab or stays sober and does the driving.

I suppose I can't gripe if Joe Amateur stays out from behind the wheel.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment