Sunday, January 26, 2020

Someone asked me about the most interesting thing I saw at the rally.

It was a woman. Barbara Billingsley, AKA June Cleaver actually has a doppelganger and I saw her.

Now time has passed and Wally retired from Boeing as a senior engineer last year. Beaver took over Ward's job, He spent a career sitting at a desk that had only a phone on it and occasionally spoke with Clarence Rutherford who also took over his father's job. He calls him Clarence instead of his childhood nickname of Lumpy.  

The Beav has about a year or two before he pulls his retirement.

Ward has been dead for several years now but June lives on and is about 90 right now and fairly spry. She is known throughout Mayfield for her pies and brownies which she bakes for the church rummages sale. The church actually takes orders for them and delivers them to the people that order them. 

The reason the church delivers them is because they can't sell them at the rummage sale anymore. Too any fistfights over them have broken out in the church hall over June's pies. Yes, they are that good.

Anyway, I looked out of the corner of my eye and there she was. June Cleaver at the ripe old age of about 90. She was still in a house dress and was wearing her signature string of pearls and she was very much June Cleaver. I looked and saw that something appeared to be a little out of character until I realized that she was carrying slung over her shoulder and AK 47.

Sure, her back was kind of hunched over and it was pretty heavy on her poor tired old bones but it was there. A ninety something year old June Cleaver doppelganger with an AK over her shoulder.

I wish I had been able to stop and talk to her for a second but I had other things to do.

God bless her.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment