Monday, January 13, 2020

Where do people like Hillary get their imaginary power?

Based on the premise that government is a pact between governed and governing that can be broken at any time by either party I have to say that the only time I have allowed myself to be governed was when I joined the army.

I let myself be subject to the UCMJ and other rules and regulations and was afforded protections according to Army regulations. It was a contract I signed of my own free will, having dodged the draft earlier. 

When my contract ended my service ended and I went right back to being what I was before I enlisted, just another guy on the streets.

Very few of our elected officials have my respect, my loyalty and my obedience. The rights the Constitution guaranteed in the first ten amendments are not given to me by anyone other than God. What the Constitution says is that those governing me can not take my God given rights away from me.

The truth of it all is I simply tolerate government and pay little attention to most of our elected officials. They really don't get a lot of blind obedience from me. I pay my taxes and will do so for as long as they supply me with roads and other infrastructure and things of that nature and keep me safe from foreign dangers and that sort of thing.

I pretty much try to be fairly self governing and live like a decent human being. I can use traffic laws as an example. I generally slow down to a responsible speed in neighborhoods and keep my eyes peeled for (in this order) cats, dogs and kids. However most of the time I don't come to a true dead stop at stop signs because I know why they're there. They are there to get you to pay attention.

I generally slow to almost a dead stop and look around for things and proceed. It's good enough for most cops and most Joe Citizens although I crossed swords with a Do-Gooder a while back. It was rather funny.

I crept through and the guy got off his porch yelling at me. I generally ignore people like that but decided I was tired of his bull$hit so I decided to engage. I stopped and he started babbling about his kids.

"Your youngest is about 36 years old," I shot back. "If he's stupid enough to play on the streets then we're better off without him! He's probably already cost the taxpayers a fortune!"

He wasn't ready for that. "You know who stops dead cold at stop signs?" I continued. "Drunk drivers. They worry about cops and don't pay attention to anything else." Then I roared off.

But I digress.

These elected officials actually think they can tell me what to do. I have signed no contract or have any other type of agreement with them. The only one I have an agreement with is my employer and that is limited. As long as I take his money he can tell me what to do. When I quit of get terminated then we both go our separate ways and we won't owe each other anything.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment