Thursday, January 2, 2020

What's going to happen next? New Year's Day news....

Five missing and two rescued after a commercial fishing vessel was lost 170 miles SW of Kodiak.

A quick search leads me to believe I knew the skipper back when I lived there, assuming the boat wasn't being run by a relief skipper. One of the survivors said the skipper never got out of the wheelhouse when she turned turtle.

Coast guard search and rescue aircraft say they see no signs of anything. No oil slick, no debris, nothing. The sea ate the 130 foot boat in a single bite.

As time passes and I hear of boats going down in Alaska I find I know fewer and fewer of the fisherman that are lost.

A handful have retired, many have died, some have disappeared into the bowels of the Lower 48 never to return to Alaska. I suppose I am one of the latter.

Someone recently commented to me that I am a hard case of sorts when in reality I am not. I simply accept the demise of people a lot faster than others simply because on my decade in Alaska where and when we died like flies in shipwrecks and small plane crashes.

I consider myself to be a fugitive from the law of averages.

That is all.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment