Saturday, June 13, 2020

Gardening.

Ahh, yes.

Off to the rag bag to pick out the most disgusting dilapidated shirt in it. I found a pretty good one full of battery acid holes. Not bad! Then it's the raggedy pair of shorts that are almost as bad as the shirt. They started life as BDU pants. Then the flip flops and cap it all off with a Chinese coolie hat.

The uniform of a British prisoner of war on the Burma Road in 1943 or so. It's raggedy.

Fill the 1/2 gallon Jameson's bottle with water and it's off to do the gardening.

This custom actually started by mistake about 20 years ago when I was bleaching the mold off of something. I knew that whatever I wore would get trashed so I went into the rag bag and got something to wear. The bleaching only took about an hour so when I was done I came out front and gardened. One of the neighbors teased me about it so I have continued doing it. Why not?

It's actually a pretty comfortable uniform when you think about it and the coolie hat does a great job of keeping my head from baking int he sun.

As for the whisky bottle?

In the summertime kids push their bicycles up the street sometimes and I let them have a drink out of the bottle. It used to be a Jim Beam bottle full of iced tea but now it's a Jameson's bottle full of water.

About once a summer some Karen or dog walker sees some little kid pound down about 16 ounces and flips out. They generally call the police and when the cop figures it out he generally laughs like hell.

I also used to go out at about 8:30 and finish the bottle by maybe 11 and the first time the neighbor saw it they thought I had sucked down a full 1/2 gallon of whisky before noon. They figured that one out fast, though.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment