Friday, June 5, 2020

The more I learn about George Floyd the more I see the BLM people were pretty hard up for a martyr.


As usual they chose another loser.

Apparently Floyd has a pretty extensive criminal record to include home invasion, aggravated assault and other theft and drug related crimes.

ZFG.

When are the BLM people going to protest the murder of some youngster that was carrying a bible on his way to a blind old lady's house to read to her? Or maybe some guy that was on his way over to some crippled person's house to sweep the snow off their walkway before he went to church?

While I Can say that it's likely that Floyd should not have died that way I really have a hard time mustering up a whole lot of sympathy for him. He did have a pretty good reason to resist arrest as it looked like he was involved with counterfeiting and was probably facing jail time.

Time for BLM to find s real martyr if they want to get any sympathy from me.

Incidentally the prosecutors are beginning to say that there is growing evidence that they do not have enough evidence to prosecute the four cops that have been charged. 

That ought to go over well.

I have to admit I am not surprised.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

One of the things I see a lot of is people that do not know how to look at something for what it is.

The do-good set is screaming for Derek Chauvin's blood. They want to see him tried for Murder One. I doubt that if they did that they would secure a conviction. I fail to see the proper premeditation needed to convict him for that. 

Second degree would be a stretch as there has to be intent to kill involved. It's a crime of passion. I fail to see where Chauvin outright wanted to kill George Floyd.

The charge I see that could be successfully brought against Chauvin is manslaughter.

I can see that there's a pretty good chance that Chauvin will walk. I also have an idea of what the DA may be doing. It's a political thing.

The DA charges him with Murder one, the jury acquits and the DA gets to stand there and indignantly tell the populace he tried Chauvin for first degree murder but the jury let him go. The DA gets to look good and the jury gets the blame.

On the other hand, juries can be real loose cannons. A few years ago in Massachusetts a jury did convict a young woman for first degree murder in a case that was clearly negligent homicide.

If the DA does charge Chauvin with murder one he is probably in a win/win position. If they convict him it's a great victory for the DA. If they don't the DA gets to blame it on the jury.

Then again I might be talking out my ass because I am not really familiar with the specifics of the laws of every state. In a lot of places a jury can convict someone of a lesser charge.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment