Sunday, November 15, 2020

Food shopping in San Francisco

in a chain supermarket is a joke.

Everything is so expensive there to begin with and needless to say, it has to be chemical free, 100% organic and whatever the new hip thing is.

Now I was looking or a simple bag of frozen chicken breasts which I bake and cut up for salads or use in pot pies or things like that. It's not like I was trying to prepare a gourmet meal out of them.

I couldn't find them so I asked one of the meat people. She handed me a package of 100% guaranteed chemical free range raised pure organic chicken breasts and explained how good they are for me.

I gave the package a dubious look, placed it in my cart and with my usual very straight serious face told her, "I suppose I can baste them with diesel fuel to get all the good stuff back in them."

The look I got was priceless.

When she left I put them back in the case.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment