Thursday, November 25, 2021

"Don't you dare call that man a crayon eater.

That man is a United States Marine and you will address him as such until you put on a United States military uniform and graduate from basic training. Then and only then may you call a Marine a crayon eater!"

The kid looked embarrassed, the Marine, a Gunnery sergeant looked kind of like he wanted to stay out of it which was to be expected by a Marine SNCO.

I turned to the Marine and asked him, "Hey, Gunny! How long have ya been eatin' crayons?"

The kid looked pretty annoyed. The Gunny gave me a big grin and said to me "Nineteen years. You were Army, right?"

"Right."

The kid was pissed but that's his problem. He hadn't earned the right to engage himself in that kind of bull$hit.



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. My granddaughter who is 2, has been eating crayons for a year. So I assume you could call her a "crayon eater".

    ReplyDelete