Tuesday, November 16, 2021

One of the things about inexpensive bourbon is how to drink it.

A lot of people do not understand basic bourbon. It is basically aged corn whisky.

Many moons ago farmers distilled corn into whisky because it was an easier and more profitable way to take their corn to marrket. The whisky was what it was. It was corn based liquor. Simple.

Now as whiskey drinkers  know the smoothest whiskies come from Ireland and Scotland. In my opionion they actually do. When I am in the mood for a truly smooth whiskey I crack a bottle of Jameson's open.

Actually American bourbon makers now produce products that are every bit as smooth as their European counterparts but personally I don't care for them.

My preference for bourbon are the less expensive brands such as Evan Williams and Jim Beam. There's a little something in these less expensive bourbons I like. It's kind of a frontier bite that let's you know about its history.

 





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. After the blog before this, I could use a shot of any brand of this liquor regardless of taste...still aggravated and annoyed.😠

    ReplyDelete