Sunday, November 21, 2021

Too much aggravation over nothing.

An awful lot of things out there have it set up so that it's aggravating as all hell to get something done.

I guess I am eligible from my phone company for some kind of freebie.

So I try and sign in and I have to reset my password which is a nuisance to begin with because I haven't gone to the website since November 19, 1974 and I have forgotten it. So I start the reset the password process and forget to check the 'I am a human' box and have to start all over again. This time I check the 'I am human' box knowing full well that it is rather arguable according to a lot of bleeding hearts because I just told some fat, lazy stupid bastard to get a job but I digress.

So I get into the reset the password email and it sends me back to the website where I can reset my damned password even though I gave them my phone number and email address. Fine. I understand the security technology.

So after 3 tries of trying to make up a password that suits the little password checker uppers on that make sure that some clever Chinese secret agent can't sneak into my phone company website, single me out and sign himself up instead of me for some dopey contest that he can make 3USD on for the Fatherland or whatever I decide it's off to the password maker upper on yet another tab. 

Fine. I now have a password that's so good the CIA can send in TOP MEN to try and crack it and they will be unable to. 

Of course if I write it down somewhere by the next time I want to get in I will forget where I wrote it down and I'll be damned if I'll put it on a 'password manager' for  other TOP MEN to crack and steal from them.

At this point I ask myself why am I even doing this to enter a crummy contest that I have little or no chance of winning a prize I probably don't want in the first place.

Looking at the brighter side of things even if I did win the latest and greatest in new and improved cell phone technology it's going to be yet another pain in the ass. I'll have to relearn how to use it and it and from a practical standpoint it won't really be better than the one I already have.

Why did I even think of entering that contest to begin with?

Of course if the prize was a bottle of Jameson's that would be another thing entirely.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment