Saturday, November 27, 2021

Re-gifting.

If you ever get the feeling a present has been re-gifted to you do EVERYONE a service and either use it or throw it away. What goes around comes around and you are pretty apt to be getting it back someday.

There is still this fruitcake floating around that my great aunt made for my Uncle Thad that served in the Pacific on a destroyer. Uncle Thad didn't want the damned thing so he sent it to Uncle Bill who was a Seabee.

The Seabees always had a burial pit for fruitecakes but Uncle Bill didn't ditch it there. Everyone that's gotten it since has wished he did. Instead he passed it on to another relative in the Pacific that sent it over to another relative stationed in the CBI theater. From there it went to Europe and got passed onto several relatives there. 

Just before the end of the war it got sent to a relative stationed Stateside and at war's end it just kept floating through the family.

I've gotten the damned thing about four times. The first time when I was a GI stationed at Ft. Carson. I almost pitched it but decided to sent it to my cousin and forgot about it. 

I haven't had it in maybe 8 years or so so I figure it's overdue and may very well show up come Christmas.

If it does, I think I'll take one for the team and just eat the damned thing because I have the constitution of a goat and it's not too likely to do anything but pass through me like a lot of the other off the wall crap I've eaten in my life. I'm just sick and tired of wondering about the damned thing.

As far as re-gifting goes, if you don't want something there's a pretty good chance nobody else does, either so save everyone a lot of grief and just pitch it. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment