Friday, December 24, 2021

A Christmas eve post.

Since Trump was elected I have seen a return to "Merry Christmas" instead of the Happy Holidays bull$hit.

As most of you know, I'm a licensed ham radio operator and I enjoy working DX aka overseas stations.

I have been wished a Merry Christmas by six Hindus, four Jews, nine Muslims, an Estemenien, three Buddhists, a Zoroastinist, two Shintoists and a Taoist.

OK, I'll admit that's not a very accurate count but you get the general idea.

Oh yeah, there was also one guy from Brazil I was working and I opened his QRZ page and there was a picture of him with his wife. She looked like the happiset woman I have ever seen in my life so I told him to shut down his station for a couple of minutes and give her a big kiss. He wished me a Merry Christmas, too but I think it doesn't count because he's most likely Catholic but whatever.

I've only gotten a couple of Happy Holidays greetings.

It's been a good Christmas season from that standpoint.

Oh yeah. One other thing. I was picking something up and some Karen commented she was running late in her shopping. I told her I had gotten it taken care of long ago because all I had were my grandchildren and they all got BB guns and slingshots and had the joy of watching her come unglued.

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS.

You can take Happy Holidays to a taxidermist and stuff it.

Edited to add. One of the 'Happy Holidays' set got a shock. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a piece of mistletoe and clipped it to be bottom of my flight jacket and offered to let them utilize it.

The people around him within earshot were very amused. He wasn't but that's OK.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Right now I'm listening to Andy Williams' singing "Happy Holidays". Do you know that one?
    Think about it...we are celebrating two holidays: Christmas and New Year's Day. Saying happy holidays encompasses both. Did you know that mistletoe is a poisonous parasitic plant? That doesn't sound very romantic to kiss under it does it?
    Well, Gerard, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! or Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete