Thursday, December 23, 2021

"What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"

I asked the woman on the dock that was helping my tie up a 368 foot long oil barge at about 3 am. It was a rainy, snowy miserable night and she was hauling one of my deck lines in to drop the eye over a bollard.

"WHO says I'm a nice girl!?" she shot back loudly. It sounded like someone was going to get their ass kicked!

For the next few years she worked there we got long fine. It was one of the greatest opening shots I have even received.

YOU try tying a boat up when you are laughing your ass off at 3am in a rainy, snowy blowing night!






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment