Friday, December 31, 2021

One more good reason for wearing clean underwear.

I get TSA precheck because I have a TWIC card issued my Uncle Sam because I am in and out of oil terminals and other places. It also allows me TSA pre-check for no charge.

Anyway, when I renewed my card they rescinded the number of my old card without signing me up again and SURPRISE! I had to go through the usual hassle of taking shoes off. 

I travel in a safari jacket so I can stuff my wallet into one of the pockets and take the whole damned thing off in a second or two and put it in a tray. When I clear it goes back on and I'm in business again. With pre-check it's a snap because I can leave my shoes and suspenders on.

Anyway I renewed my TWIC and when it renewed they cancelled the serial number of my old one but did not automatically reregister me. SURPRISE! No TSA Pre-Check and it was a royal mess.

Needless to say, the shoes came off and they went through my stuff. Because I pack my electronics in my carry-on they had to come out. They don't at TSA pre-check. That meant I had to unpack and repack. It also meant my belt and suspenders had to come off and I wandered into the scanner holding my pants up. I've lost a lot of weigh over the past few months and I guess I've gotten to small for my britches. When I was in the scanner and had to put my hands up gravity took over and my pants started falling down.

I don't embarrass too easily but I suppose I created a sight that can not be unseen. While the airport people do carry an ample amount of hand sanitizer, they don't have s single drop of eye bleach in stock so I guess whover saw what they saw are stuck with it for life.

However it was mitigated because I had listened to my mother when she told me to wear clean underwear in case I got into an accident. 

At least the public wasn't subjected to having to look at a fudgy old set of drawers.

Mom, the general public thanks you for teaching your son a few manners.

As for getting back on TSA precheck? I got on that one instantly!





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment