Saturday, December 4, 2021

Because you are stupid, that's why.

Somebody on Nextdoor was griping about a shoddy contractor and someone else wanted to know who it was.

I promptly posted that you don't go posting allegations on a public forum.

Someone asked, "Why not?"

Now the FIRST thing that came to mind was "Because you're stupid." but, of course, I didn't. They often times don't like the truth on Nextdoor. I explained to this dumb broad that it's called doxxing and a good way to wind up in court.

Some time ago someone started a thread where he named a contractor he said had cheated him. It backfired.

Several people said the contractor in question was their go-to guy because he did good work and charged fair prices. Someone else that knew the contractor got the rest of the story and the original poster wound up looking like a jerk. I believe the thread vanished as do many on ND.

Posting a name on an internet forum is bad juju unless you have absolute and total proof of wrongdoing. It's is a good way of finding oneself in court which is not a good place to be.

Another form of stupid I see are these people that post pictures (including license plates) of cars and explain that they were speeding. Virtually all of these pictures seem to prove nothing.

Here's a picture of some guy I followed that was driving 70 through our plan! I took it when I was right behind him!

Hey, idiot, I hate to inform you but you are more of a danger to us than he is. Not only were you speeding in a residential neighborhood but you were driving distracted while you were fiddling with your camera. You're the one that should get your license lifted. Besides, your little picture proves nothing. It looks like a car in front of you that you were tailgating.

The other one I liked was supposedly a guy blowing through a stop sign. The photographer's timing was perfect. Whoever it was clicked the shutter as the car was about a foot in front of the stop line painted on the street. It looked like the car was stopped dead at the stop sign they were accused of blowing.

One time I had some idiot of a guy I ran into tell me he was going to post something or another on line to get someone into trouble. I told him that if he did something like that to me he would likely come home to a smoking pile of ashes.

He was alarmed and asked me if I would burn his house down in the middle of the night. I exhaled audibly.

Then I explained that no self respecting torch would burn a house down in the middle of the night when people were at home because they could escape and call the fire department and went on and told him how to do the job properly and defeat all of his wonderful security systems and make a clean getaway.   I even pointed out that you leave your cell phone tied to the dog's collar so it looks like you're at home. On top of that how to get the police to provide me with a halfway decent alibi.

He looked shocked and asked me how I knew about such things.

I explained to him that as the oldest son I was expected to take over the family business or if I didn't want to, I would pass it on to my brother and was expected to enter either the military or the clergy. I told him neither of those two met my liking so I chose an alternative.

"What might that be?" he asked, quite nervously.

"I embarked on a life of crime," I answered.

Then he asked why I was not in prison. 

"Because I have been a rather successful criminal," I replied. "Jails only house unsuccessful criminals."


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment