Friday, December 3, 2021

What do I do for a living?

I'm a criminal.

On my 21st birthday, as the oldest son I was given the choice of inheriting the family manor, serving in the military or entering the clergy.

These were the normal choices given to the eldest son of an affluent landowner of the time. I chose none of these.

Instead I embarked on a life of crime.

I explained that one time to a nosy guy that asked me what i did for a living. He was horrorfied.

The woman behind me that overheard it was quick on the uptake. Much to her credit, she laughed like hell.

Every once in a while I use that line to weed people out and it seems to work wonderfully. I find out who understands my outlook and who doesn't in an instant by the way they react to it.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment