Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Hello, Kitty. My fairly new backpack.




Which I picked up for about fifteen bucks delivered on eBay.

I needed one the right size to use as a 'personal item' while flying. It's the perfect size and can fly as a personal item on just about any airline. It fits perfectly under the seat.

In reality it's basically a lunch box as these days I refuse to pay French Chef prices for dog food at the airports. I just bring along something prepared. I'd actually toss in a couple of MREs if I could get them easily. I'm really not too picky when I travel.

I was shopping on eBay for the right sized pack and saw that one, laughed and decided to take a look at it. The description said 'well made' so I looked at the pictures carefully and the blow-ups told me that it probably was well made. It was new, with tags.

When it arrived I was surprised to find out how well made it really is. It's quite a solid, well made backpack which is somewhat surprising in this day and throwaway age.

The fact that it was pink made me grin but the kitty on it is what sold me. Ain't no fake tough guy gonna steal that one and real tough guys know better than to try.

I do have a few pink items. My cell phone case is pink because it's easy to spot. I can put it down in a room and locate it with a glance. A lot of the guys with tacticool camoflage cell covers have to have their buddies call their number and make them ring to find their phones. I don't have that headache. I just glance around.

Years ago when I smoked Camel cigarettes I started using pink Bic lighters because when I was hanging out at the bar and put my smokes and lighter on the plank nobody would steal it. Even if someone did I could spot it and retrieve the damned thing. Actually nobody ever did swipe one from me.

Actually my pechant for pink stuff I've only had one or two people bring anything negative into it over the years. The first incident was someone trying to impress his son. I left him totally humiliated and embarrassed in front of his son. I later ran into his kid who told me what an embarrassment his father is to him. It was really kind of sad.

"Maybe you like your women flat chested with a small boy's butt so you can fanticize whatever twisted fetish you have, but I like a good, healthy bosom. I wear this for breast cancer awareness. You got a problem with that? If you do, I'm quite willing to go the whole mile."

He caved instantly.

At the airport gate some woman saw my pack and laughed and told me it was quite trendy and asked if it was a gift from one of my kids. I said it was just to make her go away as I was getting ready to board.

Still, it's a well made pack and is the perfect size and fits my needs to a T.

Besides, it's cute.

 












To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment