Thursday, June 16, 2022

Helping a little one embark on a life of crime.

By patronizing a known criminal activity.

Yesterday I saw a little kid's lemonade stand so of course I pulled over as I always do and had a lemonade. The little girl running it was the cutest thing. She said she was seven and when I asked her about school she said she didn't go to school which led me to believe she is being home schooled which is probably a good thing these days in my opinon.

A buck got me a couple of home made chocolate chip cookies and a cup of lemonade which in this day and age sounds reasonable. The little criminal said she made them herself.

I was impressed. She told me the only thing her mother (and unindicted co-conspirator) did was put the sheets of cookie dough in the oven for her so she wouldn't get burned.

If you are a regular here you will know that lemonade stands are a de-facto criminal activity because they are unlicensed, uninspected and don't pay taxes. By patronizing one I proudly become a criminal, also.

I have pointed out this to a few police officers that they are knowingly supporting a criminal enterprise and the guilty (most of them) give me an embarrassed smirk in return.

In addition to getting a couple of halfway decent cookies and a delicious cup of lemonade, I got the satisfaction of helping a small child get involved in criminal activity.

Hopefully she'll grow up into one of those outlaws that threw the tea into Boston Harbor.

As a grouchy old man, nothing gives me more satisfaction than helping a small child embark on a life of crime.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment