Sunday, June 26, 2022

Today's (6/25/2022) Google subject is Anne Frank

who I sometimes refer to in dealing with people that babble about being 'law abiding citizens', something of which I am NOT.

While I am not a criminal, I am most definitely an OUTLAW. Maybe more on this later. I once got stopped on the PA turnpike for driving too slow.  It was during an ice storm and people were whizzing past me at the speed limit which, if I recall was abput 65 at the time. I was in the breakdown lane so as to not impede the rest of the dumbasses.

He asked me why I was going so slow and I replied, "Because everyone else is stupid. The road is sheet ice. You're going to get very busy very soon."

He said, "God bless you! I wish we had more like you." He also advised me to stay in the break down lane so as to avoid the idiots.

Then he had to run because someone had slid off the road or something. Shortly afterwards I watched someone clobber a bridge abutment but that's anothe story.

Over the years I have shared my attitude with numerous working police officers and any with a few brains, which is to say most of them, are good with it. I steer clear of supervisors who are, for the most part, political animals.

Back to Anne Frank. I use the case of Anne Frank as slam dunk proof that just because something is legal doesn't make it right and that just because something illegal doesn't make it wrong.

At the time it was totally illegal to harbor a Jew. The people that harbored her were in fact by law criminals. Jews were to be reported to the authorities. The person that ratted her out to the Gestapo were in fact by law acting as law abiding citizens. 

Over the years I've had to listen to the do-gooders babble about how it's wrong to break the law. When I tell them "You'd have ratted out Anne Frank, huh?" they give me the deer in the headlights look or a knee jerk statement that they wouldn't have. They don't know what to say when I point out that law abiding citizens ratted her out.

Truthfully in my opinion most laws are made for idiots and irresponsible people. Someone should not need to be told to drive slowly through a residential plan. Responsible people should know that it isn't safe to use a half-acre lot in a densly populated residential neighborhood as a rifle range. On the other hand, a BB gun range in a basement endangers nobody.  (I imagine someone would complain about it if they got wind of such a thing.)

I think most people want to do the right thing. The problem with a lot of them is they simply do not know what the right thing is. They think they need to be told and I suppose the truth is a lot of them do need to be told what to do. Laws provide them with some semblence of a guide.

Of course that leads to two problems, lawmakers with an agenda and those that blindly follow.

The Franks actually lasted quite a while before they got ratted out to the Gestapo. In this day and age in a suburban residential neighborhood they full of modern day Karens the Franks would not have lasted a week.

To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment