Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Snow on the pickup.

is something I remove to a good degree.

I make my vehicle safe so that someone behind me doesn't get hit with a foot thick four by six chunk of snow that was left on the roof othe capper.

I was in Massachusetts years ago and we got hit with about a foot and a half of it one night. I was out cleaning the rig off and heating it up a bit. I hadn't gotten the roof of the capper and had cold hands.

I got into the cab and put my hands over the heater and a cop pulled up and asked me if I was going to clean the snow off of my capper.

"Nope! Takin' it to Miami with me. Them folks down there pay 8 bucks a pound for it," I replied. He gave me a dirty look and drove off.

I admit that once in a while if I get a blanket of loose, fluffy snow on the rig I'll clean off the windshield and drive slowly through the plans and enjoy seeing it fly off if it's the time when things are not busy. It's fun watching it. However, by the time I get to any kind of a highway I make damned good and sure the rig is clean.

Much to my relief the local police department enforces this law with common sense. I think the law was written that ALL snow has to be removed. The local Gendarmes are reasonable. All they are interested in is safety so I don't have to go and peel things down to bare metal or anything too radical.

The local cops just make sure you're safe which is fair and reasonable. 

I suppose Karen thinks the law is there to keep her daintly little eyes from being offended by snow on other people's cars.

Then again, Karen and Ken are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Kinda like a broken light bulb, not too bright.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

About a week ago we got a pretty good powdery dusting. I swept the windows and drove through the plan and enjoyed watching it all blow off inside a half mile. No animals were harmed.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment