Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I had a stress test today

and I guess everything is OK.

Someone asked me what I was going to do today's post on and I told them that I didn't have a clue. It was not a lie or a put-off, it was the truth.

Of course, they started in like I was trying to keep some deep adak secret, which I wasn't. I simply did not know WHAT I was doing today's post on.

Trying to explain that to someone is a worthless pain in the neck because they just KNOW that I have something up my sleeve, which I don't.

Truth is, I don't know what I am going to post until I sit down at the keyboard.

This entire blog is totally ad lib as a general rule.

The discipline for me is twofold.

First, it is a daily discipline in that I make a diligent effort to post at least SOMETHING daily, and I've done pretty well in that the only couple of posts that have run late were because I was at sea and out of internet range. I wrote the posts anyway and saved them on 'Word' and posted tham as soon as we got back into range.

The other thing is that generally this is an exercise of being able to think on my feet.

I simply sit down and write something about the first thing that comes into my mind.

Explaining the concept to someone that has somewhat of a limited imagination is really kind of a waste of time because there are people out there that can not fathom being able to pull something out of their butt on short notice.

I guess they figure that if they can't, nobody else can.

Whatever.

Of course, being able to think on one's feet requires discipline, too.

My ability to drum something up on short notice could be a serious source of trouble if I don't think before I react.

Telling a police officer that you were not going to brush the snow off of your pickup so you could take it to Miami and sell it for $4 a pound really isn't the brightest thing to say to a cop.

Funny, but not too bright.



my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment