Sunday, March 7, 2010

running hard today

Hope to post before bed;

OK, got caught up.

This morning as I was opening up the blog, Neighbor Bob called and wanted me to go with him to his camp to check for winter damage. He was calling me to let me know breakfast was being cooked as we spoke, so I scrambled out the door after I made my initial post.

Damage at the camp was minimal, we didn't even go inside, as it would have required us to dig snow out of the way.

When we got home, I took care of a project and tonight I will pick up a piece of a rifle I have had worked on as part of a trade deal.

I like to trade things, as you may have figured. In a good trade, both sides come out smelling like a rose.

If you look around the house you can find all sorts of stuff someone else can use, but you have little or no need for, and it becomes instant trading stock.

In this case, I swapped some car parts for some work on a target rifle. I came out well, and so did the gunsmith.

Best part of things is that I got the shock absorbers I gave him for free off of Craigslist. He plans on installing them on someone else's car and will charge a fair price for them or maybe he'll do another trade.

One thing about a trade is that there is generally no tax on it, either.

That's always a good thing.


my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment