Monday, March 8, 2010

I was digging through my old files and I found this

gem.



my address

7 February 2008


Natick Labs
Natick, MA

Dear Sir or Ma’am,

I left active duty back in the seventies. My uniform sat in the closet for quite a number of years until I decided to try it on recently.

To my dismay, I found out that it had shrunk!

Naturally, I was curious, so I ran a poll on the internet and found out I was not alone. A whopping 85% of the veterans that answered the poll were in agreement that their uniforms had shrunk over time and no longer fit them.

I figure that of the remaining fifteen percent, there were probably a few internet liars and the rest had probably lost the bulging musculature they had gained in basic training. Whatever the reason, 85% of vets are complaining of shrinking uniforms.

This has caused veterans a lot of social embarrassment and has caused a lot of spouses and children to belittle their mates.

A discussion among us noticed that most uniforms are stored in closets, chests and footlockers where they are not exposed to sunlight for years on end. Could this be part of the reason?

Whatever the reason is, I think you ought to look into this so that future veterans are not plagued by this problem.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about this, and will pass what you have to say about this on to the guys at the American Legion post.

Thank you,


Piccolo
Former Sp/5, US Army


Shortly after that I decided to see what it took to make the uniform fit.

Six months later, it fit like a glove.

Hard work pays off.







my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment