Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Voted in a local election today

Which I will not get into except to say that I had to deal with the usual gang of idiots outside the polling place.

My body language, facial expression and general air was one of a very angry person that was not to be trifled with. I was in the same outfit I wore yesterday, unshaven and unshowered. I looked like hell

Chicks up front time.

This cheerful chick that they generally use because they don't think anyone will fight back at her cheerfully commented on my cup of coffee I was carrying. She said she wished she had one.

I grew up in the 60s and remember that game.

I didn't take the bait.

"Why, you guys wanna wear it? One more word out of any of you people and you can wear this nice cup of coffee.," I said and walked past.

They looked a bit shocked but said nothing and I got free passage.

One of my pet peeves is the usual gang of idiots from either side of the aisle that hang out at polling places trying to shill for their candidate or cause.

My mind is made up before I enter and all of these people are obnoxious as all hell.

Several years ago the anti abortion crowd was outside the polls and they were pretty obnoxious. I got hassled a bit and asked the whole push of them why they were at the polls instead of at an abortion clinic promising women that they would adopt and raise the children at their own expense if they didn't get an abortion.

As usual, it was just a group that wanted to solve a problem of personal irresponsibility by making the rest of us pay for someone else's screw-ups.

That sort of sent them into shock and the person walking behind me thanked me for taking the heat off of him. 

One thing, too. Nobody asked me for an ID which irked me. The guy behind me showed his anyway and said that ID should be required. I turned to him and agreed.

Anyway, I went to the polls today and voted and I suppose that is a good thing.

This post is a paid political advertisement made here by the Disinterested Citizens Concern Committee and I'm Piccolo and I approve of this ad.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment