Monday, September 12, 2016

Left to my own devices


 I am generally a rough, crude, primitive kind of cook.

People that watch me cook go one of either two ways.

They either grin and salivate in anticipation of a simple, tasty meal or they cringe in fear of what’s going to come out of the mess they see on the stove. I seldom if ever get complaints.

I am not fancy and look at a kitchen a lot differently than most women do. A kitchen is nothing more or less than a workshop for food to be prepared. It should be fairly clean and utile.

Food is nourishment and should be wholesome and tasty.
However, I think that people play with it too much during preparation or try and make something into something that it isn’t.


To me, for example, a steak is a steak and it is as simple as that. I like mine burned on the outside and blood rare on the inside. Cooking one is a simple process. Trying to do too much to it and play with it detracts from the primitive beauty and taste of meat that has had fire applied to it. 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment