Thursday, September 8, 2016

Where to begin…

I am sitting here and I don’t know what to write about save to say I am planning a Piccolo dinner for tomorrow night. I’m having a couple of people over.

When I do something along these lines I generally cook seafood which isn’t really common here in Pittsburgh. Pittsburghers are not real seafood eaters although most will eat it.

Truly good seafood is hard to find here so I make do with what I can get. Generally the cod that gets here isn’t too bad. I’m planning on sweet and sour cod which is an old recipe of mine from way back.

Right now I am looking at a spot for an old National Lampoon poster to go. It’s a WW2 spoof poster and I think I’ll hide it in between a couple of other WW2 era pictures I have in the man cave. If someone spots it between the 2 other posters it will cause a WTF moment.


What will be interesting is how long it takes my wife to spot it.

I have seen a number of the old WW2 posters re captioned and many of them are downright hilarious.

http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20121024/pinup_girls_05.jpg 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment