Thursday, November 24, 2016

One of the things getting old has made fun

is that to a lot of people I am no longer looked at as much of a possible threat. I can see it in most people. I am now pretty much a part of the woodwork.

It has certain advantages.

While a lot of people do not let their guard down totally, they do seem a bit more relaxed. 

I was in Scutuate Harbor yesterday and asked a couple of strangers what happened to a few things that are now missing. While Scituate has always been a reasonably friendly town, the people seemed a little more helpful then they were, say a decade or so ago.

On the other hand, there were a few that were probably ruder to me than they would have been years ago but they were a minority and easily brushed off.

It is interesting and all in all I am glad to be with relatives on Thanksgiving. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a couple of the kids out and get into mischief with them.

This morning was a little rough. I woke up CRAVING a smoke. I got into the pickup took a hit of nicotine, grabbed a Dunkin' coffee and things dropped to a semi tolorable level.

Post Thanksgiving dinner is probably going to be  little testy but I should manage. 

Anyway, the uniform of the day is one I seldom get to wear. Sweats and flip flops. It should be the All American Thanksgiving Day uniform.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment